September 2, 2021
  • 9:34 am SBTech announces French market entry
  • 9:33 am Swedish regulator issues sanctions over bonus failures
  • 9:32 am Philippines takes action over undocumented POGOs staff
  • 9:30 am ARC appoints Spincer to lead racing division
  • 9:30 am GambleAware urges action on underage ad exposure

first_img103/24 Norman Cres, Norman Park is a spacious apartment.McMahon, who currently plays for the Melbourne Rebels in Super Rugby has been linked to a Japanese club for some time.“I’m selling as I’m obviously heading overseas for a while and not sure when I’ll be returning,” McMahon said.“I’m also looking at going down a different path at the moment in regards to where I’m putting my money into.”McMahon said he did not have an exact date on his move to Japan just yet. Sean McMahon of the Wallabies has made the decision to sell his Norman Park unit. (Photo by Mark Nolan/Getty Images)Wallabies back-rower Sean McMahon is ready to offload his investment property at Norman Park.With plans to move to Japan early next year, McMahon has listed the two-bedroom property at 103/24 Norman Cres for sale. The 23-year-old, who has played 17 Tests for the Wallabies since debuting in 2014, said he first invested in the boutique unit by Mosaic off the plan more than 18 months ago and it was finished earlier this year. Inside 103/24 Norman Cres, Norman Park.More from newsMould, age, not enough to stop 17 bidders fighting for this home1 hour agoBuyers ‘crazy’ not to take govt freebies, says 28-yr-old investor1 hour agocenter_img 103/24 Norman Cres, Norman Park.Ray White New Farm agent Meaghan Bakker said the Norman Park apartment offered a huge courtyard and luxury finishes.“Reside by Mosaic is a boutique apartment complex in a quiet enclave of Norman Park. It’s for sale by negotiation but comes with everything you could want,” she said.“It’s got two bedrooms, two bathrooms, one car plus a really tranquil indoor and outdoor space.“There’s fully ducted air conditioning plus European appliances and energy saving hot water systems.”last_img read more

READ MORE

first_imgLed by the three-goal performance of Junior Jinelle Zaugg, the Cardinal team earned a 7-4 victory over the White team in Saturday’s annual Cardinal-White game, the Badgers’ annual intra-squad scrimmage.The defending national champions, who will officially open their season against Quinnipiac on Friday, were broken into two squads and played an abbreviated game that featured two 17-minute periods, and penalty shots on all penalties instead of the usual power play advantage.”Our goal is to do our best,” senior captain Bobbi-Jo Slusar said. “It’s a good starting point for us.With the modified penalty rules, shortened game length and untypical line match-ups, the final tally of 7-4 was more of a reflection of the speed and explosiveness of the team than a lack of defense or goaltending.”Our team is going to be extremely talented, and our level of play is going to increase,” Slusar said confidently. “I think we’re going to be good.”The scoring started with a Cardinal goal 5:52 into the first period when sophomore Kayla Hagen scored on last year’s Frozen Four Most Outstanding Player Jessie Vetter. Eight seconds later Zaugg scored her first goal, as the Cardinal squad took control of the game. A Sara Bauer goal with just over a minute to play in the first period extended the Cardinal lead to 4-0. White did, however, pick up their play in the second period, outscoring the Cardinal team 4-3 on the strength of two Meghan Dugan goals. White eventually cut the lead to just two goals, before a second Bauer goal made the score 7-4 and put the game away with 2:43 to play. Goalies Christine Dufour and Jessie Vetter, with 11 and 8 saves respectively, played well considering the set-up of the game was so conducive to scoring. Freshman Alannah McCready gave up five second period goals, but did add a couple of strong saves.The game also served as an opportunity for the freshmen to make their first appearances and show off their talent. “It’s not too nerve-wracking, and it gives some of the new players a chance to get comfortable in their surroundings,” Slusar said. “It’s a new level of play for the freshmen.Four freshmen, Dugan, Kyla Sanders, Emily Kranz and Jasmine Giles scored in the scrimmage, and Giles also provided sparks with a highlight reel assist on Kranz’s second period goal for White.last_img read more

READ MORE

first_img Source: BBC Memphis Depay scored twice and provided assists for Liverpool duo Georginio Wijnaldum and Virgil van Dijk as the Netherlands thrashed Belarus in their opening Group C Euro 2020 qualifier.The Dutch took a first-minute lead when Depay punished a sloppy backpass before his backheel pass was converted by Wijnaldum in Rotterdam.The Reds midfielder then earned a penalty from a foul by Mikhail Sivakov.Depay converted before he crossed for Van Dijk to head in a late fourth.Ronald Koeman’s side, who face England in the Nations League semi-finals in June, host Germany in an eagerly anticipated clash on Sunday.Northern Ireland defeated Estonia 2-0 in Thursday’s other Group C qualifier.last_img

READ MORE

first_imgArgentine football star Lionel Messi and bride Antonella Roccuzzo pose for photographers just after their wedding at the City Centre Complex in Rosario, Santa Fe province, Argentina on June 30, 2017. AFP PHOTORosario, Argentina | AFP |  Lionel Messi said “I do” to childhood sweetheart and mother of their two children Antonella Roccuzzo on Friday in his Argentine hometown Rosario, where footballers and celebrities gathered for the “wedding of the century.”Following the private ceremony, the couple appeared happy and relaxed as they walked a red carpet before hundreds of journalists at a hotel and casino complex, Roccuzzo donning a tight, mermaid-style gown by Spanish designer Rosa Clara.The couple’s children Thiago, four, and Mateo, one, had front seats at the ceremony attended by some 260 guests, including Shakira and her husband, Messi’s teammate Gerard Pique, and numerous footballers such as Messi’s Barcelona strike partners Neymar and Luis Suarez. Argentine media called it the “wedding of the century” for Rosario, the gritty northern port city where Messi, 30, and his bride, 29, met when the player was nine years old.Former Barca and current Chelsea star Cesc Fabregas was in attendance, along with Argentina and Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero.– Roast gizzards –The party was to be a respite for Messi from his legal woes. A Spanish court last month rejected his appeal against a tax fraud conviction.Brunette bride Roccuzzo wore a white, curve-hugging dress with a deep sweetheart neckline and embroidered straps by Rosa Clara — a Spanish designer who has dressed actress Eva Longoria and Spain’s Queen Letizia.The wedding was held at 2200 GMT in the City Center casino, which stands right next to a crime-ridden slum run by drug gangs.The civil wedding ceremony and party were all slated to take place inside the venue, and the guests will be lodged there too.The feast will reportedly feature Argentine delicacies such as roast gizzards.Uruguayan pop bands Rombai and Marama plus singer Karina, Aguero’s wife, will perform at the reception.There were also rumors that there would be singing by Shakira, the Colombian diva famous for “Hips Don’t Lie” and “Whenever, Wherever.”Shakira had recently denied rumors that she would miss the wedding due to a quarrel with Roccuzzo. – Humble couple –Messi and Roccuzzo live in Barcelona where he plays, but still return regularly to Rosario for vacations.He moved to Spain when he was 13 to join FC Barcelona, but the couple kept in touch.Messi has gone on to win the top Ballon d’Or award five times and is widely regarded as the world’s best footballer.But various old friends of the couple in their home city said the bride and groom are humble folk who have never forgotten where they come from.“They are the love of each other’s lives,” Messi’s childhood friend Diego Vallejos told AFP.Instead of wedding presents, they have asked for donations to a children’s charity.– ‘Leo and Anto’ –The couple have reportedly spent the past two weeks in Rosario with family, but have kept out of sight of the reporters who have invaded the city.Rumors circulated of bachelor and bachelorette parties, but the only evidence that emerged was a photo, posted by ex-Barca goalkeeper Jose Pinto, of Messi enjoying a barbecue with a few friends.Some friends of Roccuzzo have shared pictures of her relaxing with relatives.On the eve of the wedding, a festive atmosphere reigned in the Las Heras neighborhood where Messi grew up.“We will celebrate,” said Damian Lugoni, 27, a local sausage sandwich vendor.“I wish good luck to Leo and Anto, who is just as simple and nice as him.”“We are all happy for them,” said Lisandro Urteaga, an artist who was called in to paint a mural of Messi in the neighborhood for the occasion.“Let him celebrate the way someone like him deserves. He is a real example as a human being — although when he plays football he doesn’t seem to be from this planet.”center_img Share on: WhatsApplast_img read more

READ MORE

first_img“Video refereeing isn’t going to be the solution to everything in football. What we want to do is avoid resounding mistakes by referees.”VAR has been trialled since 2016 by 20 federations, including the German Bundesliga and Italian Serie A, with around 1,000 matches involved. Bogota, Colombia | AFP | Video assistant referee technology (VAR) will make its debut at the World Cup in Russia this summer despite lingering opposition from within and outside football, FIFA president Gianni Infantino said Friday.“We are going to have in 2018, for the first time, a World Cup with VAR,” said Infantino after a meeting of the FIFA Council which, as expected, rubber-stamped the go-ahead given by the rule-making International Football Association Board (IFAB) in Zurich two weeks ago.“This has been approved and we are really very happy with this decision.”The World Cup, which takes place from June 14-July 15, will see VAR used to judge whether or not a goal has been scored, analyse whether a penalty should be awarded, decide on red cards and rectify if a player has been mistakenly sanctioned.“VAR is something positive that will bring much more to the transparency of football,” Infantino said earlier this week on a visit to Lima. But it has not been universally welcomed with even UEFA, the European governing body, still to be convinced.“Nobody knows exactly how VAR will work. There is already a lot of confusion,” said UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin, who insists that VAR will not be used in next season’s Champions League.“I am not at all against it but we must better explain when it will be used. We will see at the World Cup.”One of the problems that dogs VAR, say its critics, is not the accuracy of its decisions but the time it takes to arrive at them.It’s a drawback which has left many fans and purists frustrated that the flow of a game is interrupted.“The intervention of VAR takes one minute on average in each game. If we lose a minute to correct mistakes, I think we have done something good,” said Infantino.However, Colombia coach Luis Fernando Suarez added in an interview with AFP: “It seems hurried to me. I think we should do other trials in other tournaments, analyse them well, and then put it in place.”Suarez, who led Ecuador at the 2006 World Cup in Germany and Honduras in 2014 in Brazil, remains a fan in general of the use of technology in football, which he has witnessed close up.That came in the 2014 tournament when his Honduras team played France in Porto Alegre when the first goal decided through GLT (goal-line technology) was awarded to France.“It’s good and necessary that there are changes but it’s essential that we don’t lose the essence of football,” added Suarez.Share on: WhatsApplast_img read more

READ MORE

first_imgThere’s a reason baseball has rain delays.The 49ers are playing through what appears to be a total downpour in Washington D.C., and it’s created some ugly football so far in the first half, which ended scoreless.HALFTIME REPORT: Highs and lows from the first half of 49ers-WashingtonEach team missed a field goal (badly), and Jimmy Garoppolo has resorted to running the ball rather than trying to get a grip and complete a pass. He was 3-of-10 in the first half for 10 yards, and had 20 yards …last_img

READ MORE

first_imgVirgin Australia has swung back into the red in the first quarter of 2017 as it faced the same subdued conditions in the Australian domestic market that have affected Qantas.Australia’s second biggest carrier reported net loss for the quarter of $A34.6m, including the impact of restructuring charges under the group’s Better Business program. It’s underlying pre-tax loss was $A3.6m.Virgin is disproportionately affected by a lack-lustre domestic market because that is where most of its flying takes place.The airline said the cost-cutting program was already generating savings, expected to increase to $300 million per year by the end of the 2019 financial year, and it was actively managing capacity in response to the trading environment.“During the quarter, total available seat kilometres declined 0.5 per cent and total sectors flown declined 2.3 per cent on the prior corresponding period,’’ it said.  ”The Group will continue to exercise disciplined capacity management in line with trading conditions.’’The update showed group passenger numbers increased by 4.8 per cent and the airline’s revenue load factor increased by 2 percentage points, while costs fell.The group has about 90 per cent of its fuel consumption hedged in the current financial year and said it had boosted its hedging program for fiscal 2018 to take advantage of lower fuel prices and protect against future increases.“The Group continues to drive structural change in its cost base through ongoing cost-saving activities and new efficiency initiatives under the Better Business program,’’ it said. “This includes the fleet simplification programme and organisational rightsizing.’’Traffic statistics revealed domestic passenger numbers were up 3.9 per cent with capacity growth flat at 0.6 per cent and the load factor up 2.9 pts.Changes to services to Bali and a refurbishment program for the airline’s Boeing 777s saw passenger numbers tumble 8.6 per cent with passenger loads unchanged.Tigerair Australia  passenger numbers rose  18.6 per cent on the previous year and load factors rose 2.8 points.last_img read more

READ MORE

first_imgTop Reasons to Go With Managed WordPress Hosting Related Posts audrey watters A Web Developer’s New Best Friend is the AI Wai… Why Tech Companies Need Simpler Terms of Servic…center_img 8 Best WordPress Hosting Solutions on the Market Tags:#news#NYT#web Although Skype has not been fully restored for everyone, the company has updated its blog with an indication of what’s happening to cause such a widespread and lengthy outage in the VOIP service. According to spokesperson Peter Parkes, problems with the Skype network’s “supernodes” are responsible – something it may take several more hours to fix.As Parkes notes, “Skype isn’t a network like a conventional phone or IM network – instead, it relies on millions of individual connections between computers and phones to keep things up and running.” In other words, Skype uses a peer-to-peer, rather than a client-server model in order to connect callers. Some of these connections, says Parkes, operate as “supernodes” – “the phone directories for Skype.” And apparently a number of these supernodes failed this morning.This explanation certainly supports the cascading failures we reported earlier today, with Skype connections dropping from 21 million to around 1 million (by our accounts here at ReadWriteWeb as, like many remote workers, we scrambled for another communication tool).Parkes says that it may take hours for new supernodes to be readied, and even longer for other Skype features such as group video calling to be restored.last_img read more

READ MORE

last_img

READ MORE

first_imgThe Ministry of Health is to remove from the market, the four brands of toilet tissue found to be contaminated.At the Jamaica House press briefing held at the Office of the Prime Minister on Wednesday, April 17, Permanent Secretary in the Ministry, Dr. Jean Dixon and Chairman of the Bureau of Standards Jamaica (BSJ), Dr. Winston Davidson, outlined details on the issue, which has raised concern among Jamaicans. Samples of the brands, tested by the BSJ, indicate high levels of bacteria, which may cause infections.The BSJ is to submit details of its test results to the Ministry of Health on Wednesday. The Ministry has launched its own investigation following the findings of the BSJ.“We are not proposing to retest, but certainly, one of the issues we will be looking at is the sampling protocols and to see if there are any trends,” Dr. Dixon said.“Contamination of the products that we use could happen at any stage in the chain…so we will be having further dialogue with our colleagues at the Bureau on this matter. We will have to look at the organisms that are involved to see (if) these organisms are restricted to toilet paper…would the level at which we are finding them be cause for concern,” she noted further.Meanwhile, Dr. Davidson stressed that despite public calls for the names of the contaminated brands to be published, the standards testing agency has to be cautious in its actions. He said the agency does not have the “legal coverage” to make the information public and must be mindful of bringing the agency’s credibility into question. “If we had the particular legal coverage to do it, it would have been done long ago,” he stated.“The fact is that the Bureau is a scientific institution, and we give the facts as they are, satisfied by objective data. One test will maybe carry you into five days, and you have to be careful that you do not give test results that are spurious and put you in disrepute. So this particular exercise has been very carefully done,” he stated.“We know that the public has a right to know, and we would like to give the public all the information, but there are some constraints that we face,” he added.Meanwhile, in light of the development, Dr. Davidson said the Bureau is looking to have tissue added to its protocol list. He said the agency only performs tests on products that are provided for within its protocol and tissue is not among the list of items.“We did not have toilet tissue evaluation as part of our protocol. Companies exporting to Jamaica therefore do not have that as a precondition for export to Jamaica. It means that if we embark on taking a decision to stop a company from coming into Jamaica, we expose ourselves to the question – it was not on your protocol list, therefore on what basis do you stand?,” he stated.The Bureau is halfway through testing the 60 brands of tissue that are available on the local market and has, to date, publicised 24 brands that have passed the standards tests. Sixteen of those brands are locally produced. It takes a minimum of one week for microbiological tests to be completed. The Bureau also said the four samples/brands identified with high bacteria counts have been under detention for the past nine weeks and a recall has been issued for any product that had been previously distributed. Comparative testing is currently being done on these samples.Importers of brands with unacceptable levels of bacteria will be required to either re-export or destroy the product. Where destruction is selected the BSJ will monitor the process.By Alphea Saunders, JIS Reporterlast_img read more

READ MORE