Leaked correspondence published last week by European Investigative Collaborations suggested Infantino interfered with the rewriting of the code by the independent ethics judge and prosecutor.FIFA maintains the revisions to the code resulted from an “open and inclusive consultation process” involving confederations and ethics officials. The limitation period to resolve bribery cases is justified by FIFA as a means of hastening the resolution of investigations, rather than allowing cases to be left hanging over officials for several years.Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Tim Cone, Ginebra set their sights on elusive All-Filipino crown Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award Japeth Aguilar embraces role, gets rewarded with Finals MVP plum In a response to the AP’s findings in August, FIFA said in a statement which did not feature Infantino’s name that “corruption” was scrubbed for “reasons of language clarity” from the main ethics documents in English, and had “no material impact .” But Infantino has now blamed a “misunderstanding” for the revision and acknowledged the need for “corruption” to specifically feature in the list of misdemeanors covering officials, coaches and players.“I will ask the council to reinstate it,” said Infantino, who succeeded Sepp Blatter in 2016. “This is a clear message that I want to send.”FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSJapeth Aguilar wins 1st PBA Finals MVP award for GinebraSPORTSGolden State Warriors sign Lee to multiyear contract, bring back ChrissFIFA’s ruling council, which next meets in March in Miami, agreed to changes to the code during a private meeting in Moscow in June. It also introduced a statute stating that cases of bribery and misappropriation of funds had to be prosecuted within 10 years whereas previously there was no time limit.“We do not tolerate corruption in FIFA,” Infantino told Swiss newspaper Blick in an interview published Thursday. Naomi Osaka headed for big money with Japan, global appeal Allen Durham still determined to help Meralco win 1st PBA title Nadine Lustre’s phone stolen in Brazil LATEST STORIES MOST READ Will you be the first P16 Billion Powerball jackpot winner from the Philippines? FILE – In this April 12, 2018 file photo, FIFA President Gianni Infantino participates in the annual conference of the South American Football Confederation, CONMEBOL, in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Infantino has asked the emir of Qatar to consider co-hosting the next World Cup with several nations that are attempting to isolate the tiny desert country in a bitter diplomatic dispute. Qatar has just eight stadiums to host 64 games over an already-congested 28-day window in 2022. Expanding the field to 48 teams would mean 80 games, requiring more stadiums. Infantino says using venues in Saudi Arabia and around the Persian Gulf “would probably be a nice message.” (AP Photo/Martin Ruggiero, File)FIFA President Gianni Infantino will request the term “corruption” is restored to the ethics code covering world football after criticism over its symbolic removal.The Associated Press revealed in August that the FIFA Council had agreed to a new version of the code that changed the title of the section on “bribery and corruption” to just “bribery,” an eye-catching adjustment after a wave of cases against football officials in recent years.ADVERTISEMENT Gretchen Barretto’s daughter Dominique graduates magna cum laude from California college Gov’t to employ 6,000 displaced by Taal Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew View comments
Hajipur (Bihar): Rail traffic has been suspended on Darbhanga-Samastipur section in Bihar on account of floods, resulting in cancellation, short termination and diversion of more than a dozen trains on Sunday, the East Central Railway headquarters here said. “At bridge no. 16 near Hayaghat section in Samastipur-Darbhanga section, water level has crossed the danger mark. Hence, train movement is being suspended on this section,” ECR Chief Public Relations Officer Rajesh Kumar said in a statement. Also Read – Uddhav bats for ‘Sena CM’ He said, this has led to cancellation of four passenger trains, in addition to the Jaynagar-Patna Intercity Express. Besides, trains like Darbhanga-New Delhi Sampark Kranti Express, Raxaul-Hyderabad Express, Ahmedabad-Darbhanga Jansadharan Express, Jaynagar-Amritsar Express and Kolkata- Sitamarhi Express are being plied through alternative routes, the CPRO said. Eight mail/express trains and three passenger trains are also being short terminated, he added. Also Read – Farooq demands unconditional release of all detainees in J&K Hayaghat falls under Darbhanga district, which had till Saturday reported 12 casualties on account of floods and where, as per the state disaster management department, 13.85 lakh people have been hit by the calamity. This is the second instance of rail traffic being disrupted in Bihar on account of the flash floods which have been ravaging the state in the aftermath of torrential rainfall in catchment areas of Nepal earlier this month. Earlier, movement of trains on the Sitamarhi-Raxaul section had been similarly suspended on July 13 and restored on July 16.